Wednesday 6 August 2014

Back to the country

Kilkivan here we come.
Hi there.

I am back after nearly 3 years.
We have been running a motel and it left me no time to think let alone have a decent sleep and I am so very very tired all the time.

Back in January we purchased a house on 1 acre of land in Kilkivan, which is out in the country about half an hours drive from Gympie.  It is a beautiful peaceful spot and we are both really looking forward to moving here permanently.

And of course I hope to be able to keep you more up to date on my activities, be it gardening, craft, visitors or outings.

Here is one of my favourite photos of the view from our spacious deck taken very early one morning when the mist was still hanging about.


At the moment it is still so very dry here as we had almost no rain this summer.  The summer before we had the terrible floods and the creek in the middle of the picture overflowed its banks and ran right through the showgrounds.

That is all I have time for right now, but I will be back as things progress.
Bye for now
Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment